The Zoning Board of Appeals deals with variances, use variances, and special uses.


  • If you cannot meet the setback requirements from the property line for a structure, you may request a variance.
  • If you wish to cover more of your property than is allowed, you may request a variance.
  • If you want to place a structure or business in a zone that it is not zoned for that business, you may request a use variance.

A special use permit is required to place a mobile home on a lot within the city of Monmouth. (exception: licensed trailer parks)

The application fee is $150 and is non-refundable. Applications can be picked up at City Hall.

The Zoning Board of Appeals meets the second Wednesday of each month when called.

The decision of the Zoning Board of Appeals is only a recommendation to the City Council. The final decision will be determined by the City Council at the next regularly scheduled meeting.

The Board

  • Don Fillman
  • Brian Helms
  • David Noel
  • Doug Rankin
  • Dennis Rhoades
  • Juan Conchez
  • Jeff Uddin