What do I need a permit for?
You need a building permit for any new construction, residential or commercial.
- Accessory structures: garages, carports, sheds (both permanent and moveable), porches/decks
- Residential and commercial roofing (must be done by a licensed roofing contractor)
- Concrete work
- Swimming pools
- Electrical (commercial wiring, any new services, new residential construction)
- New residential and/or commercial plumbing
- New or replacement water and sewer services
- Signs (commercial and residential)
- Residential and commercial fences
- Residential or commercial additions
- Major renovation work