Parks & Recreation
Citizens Lake Fishing
Citizens Lake is located on the west edge of Monmouth, at the intersection of Highway 34/67 Bypass and Highway 164.
Fishing and Lake Regulations
- Two pole and line fishing only for all fish.
- Only electric trolling motors are permitted. No inboard or outboard gas-driven motors may be used.
- Illinois statewide sport-fishing regulations will be enforced.
- Channel catfish: No size limit. Catch limit: Six fish daily creel limit.
- Large- or small-mouth bass: One fish over 15" or five fish under 12".
- Bluegill or redear sunfish: No size limit. Catch limit: Ten fish daily creel limit.
- Rainbow trout (stocked by the State in the fall). Catch limit: Five fish daily creel limit.
- NO trout can be taken from October 1 through the third Sunday in October.
General Park Regulations
- Vehicles may be driven only on the roads.
- Speed limit within Citizens Lake Park is 10 mph.
- Please use trash cans to properly dispose of all bottles, paper, trash, rubbish, and litter.
- Park hours: 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.